The following checklist should help you get up and running quickly if you're having problems getting started with Healthcode.
Something to Keep In Mind
Making a Healthcode submission is a little like fitting two pieces of a jigsaw together.
On the one side you have the information that we submit on your behalf (based on the information you enter in WriteUpp) and on the other is what Healthcode is expecting from you as a provider.
In 99% of cases problems arise because the information that we are submitting (on your behalf) doesn't match what Healthcode is expecting to see from you. It is very seldom the case that we are submitting the "wrong" information as we are working to the standards defined by Healthcode in their API (Application Programming Interface).
The most common issues are:
- You're not linked to the insurer that you're submitting an invoice for
- You're not associated with a particular treatment type/ISC code
- You're not associated with a particular controlling specialist
- The primary information that you have supplied about a client (Name, DoB) is incorrect
All of these issues will result in a failed submission, however the good news is that they can all generally be solved by contacting Healthcode.
Referring back to the jigsaw analogy, Healthcode have the benefit of knowing what you have submitted and where the piece doesn't fit. Typically they can then make an adjustment on there end so that a fit occurs and your submission succeeds.
Below are the WriteUpp related things that you should check before contacting Healthcode.
- Have you got your Healthcode Credentials?
- Have you enabled Healthcode in WriteUpp?
Third-Parties (Settings->Third Parties)
To raise an invoice using Healthcode you need to make sure that you have setup the appropriate insurers (like AXA, BUPA etc) as Third-Parties.
- Have you added the insurers that you work with as Third-Parties in WriteUpp
- For each Third-Party have you entered the insurers Healthcode identifier (BUPA = bup etc) and your provider number for that insurer
- Have you made sure that you are setup with Healthcode for the insurer? This often requires a follow-up call to Healthcode to make sure that you have been set up correctly and you are linked to the right insurers (on the Healthcode end)
Appointment Types (Settings->Scheduling->Appointment Types)
When you request payment for a treatment the following conditions need to be met:
- you need to be setup to provide the treatment that you are requesting payment for - this is determined by Healthcode and you should contact them to verify this
- you need to be linked to the appropriate insurers for the treatments that you are requesting payment for - this is determined by Healthcode and you should contact them to verify this
- you need to have coded your treatment correctly - this is managed in WriteUpp
In WriteUpp you need to check the following:
- Have you specified the treatment types that you will be providing on behalf of the insurers along with their associated costs? For example, Initial Assessment - BUPA or Follow-Up - Axa PPP
- Have you linked the appointment types to the appropriate ISC codes?
Linking a Client to a Third-Party
Having completed the steps above you need to check the following:
- Have you linked the appropriate Insurer (Third-Party) to the client? This article explains how you do this -> How do I link a third-party a patient record?
- Have you entered the client's Cover Number? You will be required to do this when you link an insurer to any client. For Healthcode submissions you don't need to enter anything into the following fields:
Policy Number, Authorisation Code or Authorised Sessions. There is no problem with entering information into these fields but it does not form part of the Healthcode submission.
Selecting Items to Include on the Invoice
When you raise an invoice via Create->Invoice you will be taken to a screen where you will see all of the treatments that you have undertaken for the selected client. Here you need to check the following:
- Are you ONLY including appointments/treatments on the invoice that you are set up to provide (with Healthcode)?
- Are you ONLY including appointments/treatments that exist in WriteUpp? If you charging for a appointments/treatments that has previously been deleted you will see a validation error.
- Are you ONLY including appointments/treatments that have been set up with an ISC code?
Choosing Who Will Pay the Invoice
When you have selected the appointments that will appear on the invoice you need to check that:
- The information on the invoice is correct, including any internal references that you may wish to use
- You select the appropriate Third-Party as the entity that will be paying the invoice (specified in the Payable By dropdown)
Validating & Submitting the Invoice
Once you have saved the invoice you will be taken to a screen where you will see the invoice that you are going to submit. Here, the only thing you need to check is that you can see the "Submit to Healthcode" icon at the bottom of the screen which looks like this:
If you don't see it this is because:
- You haven't entered your Healthcode credentials correctly
- You haven't associated the client with a Healthcode third-party
When you click on the Healthcode icon you will be taken to a screen where you can either:
- Submit your invoice straight away (by clicking on the green "Send to Healthcode" button at the bottom of the screen)
- Validate your invoice before you submit it (by clicking on blue "Check with Healthcode" button at the bottom of the screen)
Having clicked on either button have you:
- Resolved any errors that have been flagged up
- Re-submitted if errors have been flagged up
Following this checklist should help you to resolve any WriteUpp-related issues that you are experiencing when you submit invoices to Healthcode via WriteUpp.
If you continue to have problems you should make contact with the Healthcode Customer Services team on 01784 263150.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.