If you are currently paying via PayPal and you would like to switch to Direct Debit follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WriteUpp account
- Go to main menu (top left) and select Account Details
- Click on Switch to Direct Debit link at the top of the page:
- Complete the direct debit mandate, which will look this:
- Having completed the mandate you will receive an email from PayPal confirming that your previous recurring payment (via PayPal) has been cancelled
PLEASE NOTE: Payments via PayPal are instantaneous whereas payments made by direct debit take around 5 working days to complete. Consequently, when you switch to payment via Direct Debit we initiate payment around 5 working days prior to your monthly payment date so that your payment day remains more or less the same. We can't guarantee that it will be exactly the same as different banks take different amounts of time to clear direct debit payments.
Please be aware that if you switch to Direct Debit (from PayPal) and attempt to make a change to your subscription after we have initiated payment (i.e around 5 days prior to your monthly payment date) you will be unable to do so until the payment has completed.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.