If a member of your team is unable to login with 2FA please follow these steps:
- Ensure that they have completed the 2FA set up process. You can check this by going to Settings->Users and looking at the "2FA Status" column, see below:
If they have not set up 2FA their status will be set to "No". If so, please direct them to the following article:
- If they have completed the 2FA setup and they are having problems with the authenticator app you should ask them to take a look at the article below to make sure that they are following the correct procedure:
- They have multiple accounts set up in their authenticator app (for other applications as well as WriteUpp) and they are entering the wrong code
- They are being VERY slow entering the code. The codes change every 30 seconds, which is more than enough time to enter it and there is actually some tolerance either side even when the code has changed.
- They are entering the same code every time! Yup, some users may not realise it changes and so they may write it down the first time they set up and try to use it again and again - obviously this won't work!
- If you're unable to establish what might be causing the issue you should reset your user's 2FA by following the instructions in the article below:
- Having done this your user will need to set up 2FA again and you should direct them to the following article:
How do I set up user-based two-factor authentication (2FA)?
- If your user is still unable to login please contact the WriteUpp Help Desk with the following information about the user having the problem:
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone Number
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.