To upload a file to a patient record:
1. Click on the Create button and select Attachment
2. To enter a file stored locally on your device, click on Select a file to upload:
3. Choose the file from your device
4. Once the file has uploaded you will see options to:
- Enter a Description for the Attachment (optional)
- Select a Keyword i.e. "Letter" or "Scan". You can amend or add more keywords - find out more here
- Choose if you want it to be visible only to you
- Then Save:
You will be dropped back into the Files tab of the Patient Summary, where you will be able to view your uploaded file:
If the file you wish to upload is larger than 8MB, you will see a message advising this as it cannot be uploaded and stored within WriteUpp:
If the file you select has a name containing invalid characters, you will see this message and can rename the file to remove any special characters before trying again:
NOTE: This uploader supports a variety of file formats including PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, CSV, JPEG, PNG. Some older file formats (i.e. BMP) may not be supported. For a full list of file formats that can be uploaded, click here.
You also have the option to link out to a file or folder that you have in external storage (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox etc). This will allow you to access and link important files to a patient in WriteUpp that might be larger than 8MB in size. You can read more about this here.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.