If you have duplicate records for the same Patient in WriteUpp, you can use the Patient Merge functionality to combine the two records. Unlike Patient Delete, this will simply transfer all Patient Demographics, Notes, Assessments, Appointments, Tasks, Invoices, Documents and Attachments onto another Patient so none are lost.
To Merge Duplicate Patients:
- First ensure that your Active Patient is the patient that you want to merge
- Click on your menu in the top left and select Tools from the drop-down menu (NOTE: This option is available to Administrators only):
- On the Tools page, click on Merge Patient:
- You will be taken to the Patient Merge Requests screen, where you'll either see a message advising that no patient merge requests have been logged:
Or details of the previous requests:
- Select Create New Patient Merge
- Here you will see the details of your Active Patient, and a list of duplicates which are generated based on shared or similar characteristics (NOTE: If there are no similar Patients in the system, you may not be presented with any duplicates):
- Next to the Patient you wish to merge with, click on the Merge button
- You will be taken to a page where you can see the two Patients listed side-by-side:
- You will be required to select a "Winner" and a "Loser". All the appointments, notes, assessments, tasks, files, invoices and discharges attached to this person will be moved to the "Winner". Any open episodes of care associated with the Loser will be discharged. The "Loser" will then be deleted. Any information that the "Loser" does not have however will be transferred over to the "Winner"
- To switch between these, click on the Switch button
- Once you are happy, click on the Merge button and confirm by clicking 'OK' when prompted 'Are you sure you want to merge these patients? This cannot be undone'
- Your merge request will then be queued for completion:
- The status will change to complete once the patients have been merged:
- You can choose to receive a notification when a patient merge has been completed:
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.