- Secure HTTPS Protocol
- Notes Templates
- Preview of Historic Notes
- Patient Communications section of Patient Summary
- Payment Types for Paid Invoices
- Invoicing to Third Parties
- Third Parties Available as Document Variables
- Non-invoiced Appointments List
- Addition of "Restricted Users"
- Data Export Tool
- Data Import Tool
- Increased character limit on "Other Information" in Patient Summary
- Invoicing Appointments now in Chronological order
- Refresh Invoice
- Mailto for Email Addresses
- Week and Day View buttons in the Diary
- Time and Clinician added to Activity View
- New Image Uploader
- Changes to the Active Patient button
- Addition of new Specialities
- Extension of Phone Number Characters
- Payment Date added to Billing Summary
- Increased characters in Task Notification drop-down
1. Secure HTTPS Protocol
WriteUpp now uses the secure HTTPS protocol to ensure that your connection is extra secure. For more information, view our "HTTPS - What is it and why is it important?" Guide.
2. Notes Templates
We have now implemented the functionality for you to create your own Notes Templates of pre-formatted text to structure your Notes around. These are available for all users of your site, and you can create as many as you like using our editor.
In order to set up Notes Templates, view our "How do I set up Notes Templates?" Guide.
3. Preview of Historic Notes
You can now view any previous Notes for a patient easily alongside the new Notes you are writing for them. View the "How can I preview Historic Notes when writing a new one?" Guide for the steps to do this.
4. Patient Communications section of Patient Summary
Since the introduction of Email and SMS Reminders and Confirmations, a new section has been added to the Patient Summary which details all communications sent to the Patient. To view this, expand the "Patient Communications" section of the Patient Summary. Here you can see the time and date which they were sent, to what Email Address or Phone Number, and the type of communication.
5. Payment Types for Paid Invoices
When recording an Invoice as "Paid", you now have the option to record a Payment Type in addition to any comments about the Payment. You can view the following article for steps to set these up: How do I set up Payment Types?
When you mark an Invoice as "Paid", you will be taken to the following screen:
You can select a Payment Date, a Payment Type (based on your configured list) and some comments about the Payment. You can see this information in the Accounts tab of the Patient Summary and in the Paid Invoices part of the Finance View.
6. Invoicing to Third Parties
If you have added an Third Parties to a Patient record, you can directly Invoice to them when creating an Invoice. When you are creating an Invoice, you can select a Third Party from the "Payable by" drop-down list, and it will automatically input the Name, Address, City and Postcode for that Third Party. These details will then appear in the final Invoice.
If the Third Party is an Insurer and there is a Membership Code and an Authorisation Number for that Patient, this information will also appear on the generated Invoice.
NOTE: A Third Party must have first been added to the Patient's record before it can appear in this list.
7. Third Parties Available as Document Variables
When creating a Document for a Patient, you can now automatically insert the details of any Third Parties that have been added to their record. To do this:
- Click on the +Create button and select Document
- Select a Template from the Document Gallery
- Click on the "Var" button in the editor Toolbar, and the "Insert Variables" dialogue will appear, and you can see any Third Party details
- Click on the Variables you wish to insert into the Document
8. Non-Invoiced Appointments List
An additional list has been added to the Finance View which shows a list of all Appointments that have not currently been Invoiced. To access this, click on the Business Views icon, select Finance, and then click on the Non-Invoiced Appointments tab.
Clicking on a row in this list will take you through to the Patient Summary. You can also export this list to Excel.
9. Addition of "Restricted Users"
When you invite new users to your site, you now have more options to restrict the things that they have access to. You can now create "Restricted Users" that meet the following criteria:
Restricted Users Can:
- Book Patients into their Diary and the Diary of others
- Create Patient Records
- Create Tasks for themselves and others
- Create Documents for Patients
- Upload Attachments for Patients
- View Patient Demographics, Tasks, Documents and Attachments created by other users
- View the Patients and Tasks sections of the Business Views
Restricted Users Cannot:
- Create Notes
- Create Assessments
- Discharge Patients
- Create Invoices
- Access the Settings
- View the Finance and Activity sections of the Business Views
To create Restricted Users, follow the usual process for creating Users, and select "Restricted User" from the Role drop-down list.
NOTE: You will need to ensure that you have the sufficient licenses purchased for every individual by increasing your subscription before you can add restricted users.
10. Data Export Tool
If you wish to export any data out of WriteUpp for any reason, you can now do this using our Data Export Tool. You can export data about Patients, Appointments, Notes and Invoices.
View the "How do I export data out of WriteUpp?" Guide for the steps to guide you through this process.
11. Data Import Tool
If you have any existing Patient Data that you would like to import into WriteUpp, you may be able to use the Data Import Tool. You can see these steps in the "How do I import data into WriteUpp?" Guide.
12. Increased character limit on "Other Information" in Patient Summary
The amount of text you could previously input into the "Other Information" field of the Patient Summary was previously restricted to 254 characters, and was displaying and error if you tried to exceed this. This limit has now been removed, so there is no limit on the amount of text you an input into this section.
13. Invoicing Appointments now in Chronological order
The list of Appointments that is presented when creating an Invoice was previously ordered by the date they were created. This has now been changed, so the Appointments are now ordered chronologically by the dates they are booked for, an not the date they were booked on.
14. Refresh Invoice
When generating an Invoice, you previously had to click on the "Update Price" button to modify the prices of items, and this required validation on the Patient Details. This has now been replaced with a refresh button, which allows you to update information without validation.
15. Mailto for Email Addresses
In the Patient Summary, you can now click directly on a Patient's Email Address to mail to them directly through your email client.
NOTE: This will only work if you have an email client configured as your default email application. You can view our "Making Gmail your default mail application" Guide for assistance with this.
16. Week and Day View buttons in the Diary
Toggling between the Week and Day view in the Diary has now been simplified. When you are in the Day View, you can click on the "Switch to Week View" button. Conversely, when you are in the Week View, you can click on the "Switch to Day View" button.
17. Time and Clinician added to Activity View
In the Activity Business View, the clinician responsible for each Appointment is now shown in the Clinician column, and the start time of the Appointment appears in the Time column
18. New Image Uploader
We have added a new Image Uploader component to make it easier for you to upload files. This has also increased the upload limit to 4.10MB, and meant that you will be notified in advance if the upload has failed due to being too large in size. To use the new uploader:
- Click on the "+Create" button and select "Attachment"
- Click on "Select a File to Upload" and select a file from your PC
Your file will then begin to upload, as shown below
- Once the upload is finished, enter a Description for the Attachment (optional)
- Select a Keyword i.e. "Letter" or "Scan"
- Click "Save"
- You will be dropped back into the Patient Summary where you will be able to view your file in the Recent Activity Stream or the Attachments tab
If the file you try to upload is larger than 4.10 MB, you will see the following dialogue shown below:
NOTE: This uploader supports a variety of file formats including PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, CSV, JPEG, PNG. Some older file formats (i.e. BMP) may not be supported.
19. Changes to the Active Patient button
The Active Patient Button has now been modified to give you quick access to more functionality with your Patients. Clicking on the left hand side of the button will still take you through to the Patient Summary, but you can also click on the right side of the button to reveal the following menu:
From here you can select either:
- Edit Patient: This takes you directly through to the editable mode of the Patient Summary
- Recent Patients: This takes you through to your list of Recent Patients, allowing you to select a new Active Patient with ease
20. Addition of new Specialities
Four new Specialities have been added that you can create users for: Nutritionist, Sports Therapist, Nail Technician, Foot Health Care Specialist. If you feel any are missing from the current list, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Extension of Phone Number Characters
The number of characters allowed in any of the phone number fields has now been increased
22. Payment Date added to Billing Summary
The date on which the Invoice was marked as Paid now appears on the Billing section of the Patient Summary
23. Increased characters in Task Notification drop-down
When you click on the Task Notification icon, you can now see up to 25 characters of the Task subject instead of 15.
- A bug in the iCal sync meant that Appointments were pulling through at GMT, meaning this was incorrect for those outside of this timezone. We have now added a "Timezone" drop-down to the Settings, and fixed the bug
Appointments that were set to a "Patient No Attending" status (i.e. Cancelled, DNA) were peviously appearing in the Activity View. These have now been removed
- The # character has now removed from Mobile Phone numbers
- A bug which meant Appointments were not being shown on months with 31 days has now been fixed
- A bug which meant Attachments slightly under 4MB were not uploading and dropping you back out to the Attachments page has now been fixed. The file upload limit has also been increased to 4.10MB
- Mobile Phone numbers which had spaces in them did not previously receive SMS Confirmations and Reminders. This has now been fixed, so that these numbers can be formatted with as many spaces as you wish an still receive SMS communications
- A previous bug which meant the VAT was not being added to Other Items added to an Invoice has now been fixed
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.