Messaging in WriteUpp is a simple way to create and send the following types of message:
- Internal Message
- Direct Message
To send a message click on Create -> Message then click on the type of message that you would like to send:
To find out more about sending email click here
To find out more about sending an SMS click here
To find out more about sending an Internal Message click here
To find out more about sending a Direct Message click here
When you receive an Internal Message from a colleague you will receive a notification. To see the detail of the message just click on your username and click on the notification.
You will also receive an email telling you that you have received a secure internal message. We do this so that you know you have a message even if you aren't logged in to WriteUpp. We don't provide the content of the message in this email as it may be confidential in nature. You can also reply to this message from within the notification.
Any communications that are client-related are added to the "Messages" tab in the Patient Summary. To see the detail of any of the messages just click on the relevant row.
Internal Messages are not routed out on to the public internet. They reside within the application and as such can be used for secure communication.
Possible Ways to Use Messaging in Your Practice
Obviously it's important to avoid being spammy but messaging provides a great mechanism to quickly and efficiently interact with clients, prospective clients and lapsed clients. Here are a few examples:
- "We've not seen you for a while - How's your back?
- "Here's a link to our review page, please could you rate your treatment"
As well as client communication the Email/SMS messaging can be used to communicate with colleagues. Here are a few examples:
- Your administrator might message you to tell you that your home visit client is going to be late home
Internal messages are used for communication with colleagues in your practice. Here are a few examples of the way they could be used:
- Patient-related - Message to Admin or your Virtual Administrator - please book follow-up for this client
- Patient-related - Secure communication with a colleague about a particular client
- Non Patient-related - Message to a colleague - do you have xyz machine or I need a cuppa!
A Direct Message (DM) allows you to send a message to a patient directly from WriteUpp with an extra layer of security. It uses an email containing a link to a message and a SMS containing an access code to 'unlock' that message. This makes it a more secure way to send confidential documents which may contain patient identifiable information (PII).
There are a few things you will need to have in place in order to send a direct message:
- An email address for the recipient
- A mobile number for the recipient
- SMS credits - How do I purchase SMS Credits?
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.