Sometimes you have to reschedule appointments that have been pre-invoiced and paid in advance. In WriteUpp when an invoice is marked as "Paid" we lock the appointments that are associated with it so that your diary/clinical record matches with your invoice.
The downside of this approach (which will keep HMRC happy) is that it prevents you from changing an appointment once the invoice has been paid.
However, there is a workaround:
Step 1 - Clean-Up & Re-Using the Slots
- Go to the appointment in the diary
- Click on the appointment and select "Cancelled" from the drop down when the dialogue box appears:
- If you wish to book in alongside a cancelled slot click somewhere beneath the appt, as shown below in the red box:
and then when the "Edit Appointment" dialogue appears amend the time to 15:45 to 16:30 for example, see below:
Then when you save the appt you will see that it will sit alongside the cancelled appt as shown below:
Step 2 - Prevent Re-Invoicing
Having re-used the slots you will want to re-book the original appointments, however because you have already been paid for them you won't want them to appear on another invoice so you need to set up a new appointment status called something like "Rescheduled". By using this status you will be able to book in new appointments for the client without them appearing on subsequent invoices.
To do this:
- Go to Settings->Scheduling and open the Appointment Statuses section at the bottom of the page.
- Click on "Create New Appointment Status"
- Give the status a name like "Rescheduled" or "No Charge" and set it up as shown below:
- Click on "Save"
- Lastly, when you re-book the appointments set the status to "Rescheduled" or "No Charge" and the appointments won't appear on the client's next invoice.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.