To charge using an hourly rate you need to:
- Create an appointment type with an hourly rate (rather than a fixed rate)
- Specify the duration when you complete the session
Create An Appointment Type With An Hourly Rate
- Go to Settings -> Scheduling
- Expand the Appointment Types section (this should already be done for you)
- Click the Create New Appointment Type button
- Give the Appointment Type a Name
- From the Type drop-down list, select whether it is a Patient Appointment (i.e. Consultation), a Non-patient Appointment (i.e. Meeting) or both
- Enter a default Duration in minutes (this will determine the length in the Diary)
- Enter an hourly rate in the cost field and then be sure to click on Hourly Rate
- Specify which clinicians offer the treatment from the Resources checkbox
- Once you are complete, click Save
Specify the Duration
When you are charging using an hourly rate you need to specify the duration of the appointment so that the client can be charged accordingly. If you don't specify a duration we will assume that the session took the default duration.
To specify the duration follow these steps
- Click in the diary when the session started
- In the Edit Appointment panel that appears select the appointment type that you set up (which charges by the hour)
- Adjust the end time of the session so that it reflects the duration of the session
Having done this when you raise an invoice for the client the cost of the session will automatically calculated for you based on the duration you specified in the diary and the cost per hour defined when you set up the appointment type.
NOTE: Hourly rate appointments can't be used in Online booking. If you wish an appointment type to be available online, it must be a fixed rate appointment.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.