Before you can use the consent feature you need to make sure that you have created a consent form. The following article explains how you do this:
Once you have created a consent form its very straightforward to get consent via email.
- Choose an active patient
- Click on Create->Consent
- Select the consent form that you want to use
- Click on "Consent via Email" and you will be taken through to the email screen
- You will notice that you can ONLY direct the consent to the email address associated with the patient's account. This is a protection to ensure that you capture consent in the correct way (for GDPR).
- Enter a subject and your message text. In your message text be sure to add the "Consent Link" variable by clicking on the VAR button in the editor and scrolling down to "Consent Link". See below:
Choose a consent email template, if you have created one. If not, here's an example template for GDPR consent
- Click on "Send Email"
- Your client will receive an email which will look something like this:
- All they need to do is click on the "Review Consent Form" link and then they will be taken through to the consent portal where they will review your consent text, confirm their relationship to the client (if they are not the client) and specify their name. Here's an example of what the portal looks like along with some annotation so you know where the information that is presented on the portal is derived from.
Once your client has clicked on "CONSENT" a log entry will be made in the privacy tab of their patient summary, as below. It shows the name of the form that has been consented, the way they have consented, who has consented and the relationship of the consenter to the client.
If you click on the row you will be taken through to the EXACT details of the consent form that was consented to. At the top-left of the page you will see details of who provided consent, the they provided consent and the the version number of the consent form that they consented to.
You will also see a visual cue in the active patient button, see below:
and you will see a visual indication on the patient tab of the patient summary where a green icon indicates that consent has been granted.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.