One of the hottest topics that has been hitting our Help Desk over the past 12 months has been “email encryption” and back in March we wrote the following article setting out our thoughts on it, both positive and negative.
Just to be clear, we have no issues with encrypting messages. Security underpins everything we do here at WriteUpp including our ISO27001 certification. Our bugbear was that the idea of sending someone a password to unlock an encrypted message was janky and at odds with other solutions that could be employed.
So, we set to work coming up with a classically simple solution, which we’ve called “Direct Messaging” (DM) and this forms the bulk of this release. In conceiving it we took our inspiration from two-factor authentication and created a simple, easy to use mechanism that will give you the ability to send documents or messages to a patient, next of kin or any linked third party with extra piece of mind. We hope you like it!
Introducing Direct Messaging
A Direct Message (DM) allows you to send a message to a patient directly from WriteUpp with an extra layer of security. It uses an email containing a link to a message and an SMS containing an access code to ‘unlock’ that message. To use DM’s in WriteUpp you will need:
- An email address for the recipient
- A mobile number for the recipient
- SMS credits – How do I purchase SMS Credits?
You can send a Direct Message at any time by clicking on the Active Patient dropdown and selecting Send Direct Message:
Alternatively you have the option of sending each document type within WriteUpp as a Direct Message:
Just look for the DM icon alongside the print, email and delete icons once you have created a new document or opened an existing one that you’d like to send:
Learn more about this functionality and how to use it here.
- We have added Thai Bhat as a currency
- We now support password protected PDF’s
- A “Bad Debt” status has been added to the account tab in the patient summary. This means that they will now have a corresponding status, rather than being marked as “not paid”
- The Active patient box was staying grey after an action such as booking an appointment has taken place. This has now been addressed.
- Appointment times were being exported in UTC. This has now been fixed.
- If your location name included quotation marks, your timetable wouldn’t show. This has been fixed.
- Issues surrounding Country Dialling code in Online Booked have been resolved.
- Reminders were being sent for appointments that had been marked as “Cancelled.” This will no longer happen
- Exporting a number of the reports to CSV was creating an error message. This is now fixed.
- The Dashboard KPI “Appts not invoiced this Month” figure was incorrect. This is no longer the case.
- Payments were being recorded twice in “Payments” Report. This has now been resolved.
- Ethnicity, in the patient summary, was defaulting to “White” when a patient was created through Online Booking. It will now default to “Not Recorded”
- Issues with Invoicing when working with multiple tabs have been addressed.
- “Payments” Report was unable to be exported to CSV. This is now fixed.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.