A Direct Message (DM) allows you to send a message to a patient directly from WriteUpp with an extra layer of security. It uses an email containing a link to a message and a SMS containing an access code to 'unlock' that message.
There are a few things you will need to have in place in order to send a direct message:
- An email address for the recipient
- A mobile number for the recipient
- SMS credits - How do I purchase SMS Credits?
To send a Direct Message
1. Click on Create -> Message
2. Select the Direct Message tab then click on Send Direct Message:
3. The following model will appear. From here, select who you would like to send the message to:
4. Type your message, choose an expiry time limit, then click Send:
5. You will see a confirmation that your message has been sent (You will be given the option to not show this message again if you wish):
6. Any messages sent via this route will appear in the Messages tab of the Patient Summary:
7. You have the option to create and use templates if you continually send the same kind of message. To insert a template, click on Templates while on the message screen and select from the list of available templates:
You can also send a Direct Message at any time by clicking on the Active Patient dropdown and selecting Send Direct Message:
You’ll have the option of sending each document type within WriteUpp as a Direct Message:
Just look for the DM icon alongside the print, email and delete icons once you have created a new document or opened an existing one that you’d like to send:
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.