By setting up a communication trigger using the "trigger event" Change Appointment Status, when you change the status of an appointment to "cancelled" (or similar), your patients will be sent a communication to advise that their appointment has been cancelled. You'll also need to set up a custom template to use, containing the information you'd like to send.
Please note that in order to receive appointment communications, patients must have been opted in to these on the patient tab of the patient summary.
If you'd like to set this communication up, just follow the steps below:
To set this up:
1. Go to Main Menu -> Settings -> Scheduling -> Appointment Communication:
2. Click on Create New Communication Trigger:
3. Choose how you'd like to deliver the message, via SMS or email:
4. Click on Manage templates:
5. Click on +Add Template:
6. Complete your template details. Include the variables ##DATE## and ##FROM## to capture the date and time of the appointment you have cancelled, then click on Save Template:
7. Click on Back to Message:
8. If you'd like to be able to send notification of a cancelled appointment by SMS, please follow steps 3 to 7, substituting SMS for email as the delivery method in step 3.
9. Use the dropdown boxes to create your communication trigger, then Save:
- Delivery method - Email or SMS? I've chosen Email here
- Message template - Choose your newly created template
- Trigger event - Change appointment status
- Change status to - Which of your appointment statuses indicates a cancelled appointment? In this example, it is Cancelled
- When - Immediate (cannot be changed)
10. The new communication trigger will be added to the list:
Once this is set up, when you change the status of an appointment to the status you have specified as part of the trigger, the specified message will be sent to patients opted in via the relevant channel:
This applies to appointments where the status is changed via either the web based verion of WriteUpp or if you are working via the WriteUpp app.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.