To ensure your patients receive appointment communications via SMS, you'll need to do three things:
- define what SMS communications you'd like to send
- opt patients in to receive SMS communications
- Purchase SMS credits
WriteUpp comes with a number of SMS communications predefined, which you can read about here, but you can quickly and easily add additional ones by following the steps below.
To set up an SMS appointment communication:
1. Go to Main Menu -> Settings -> Scheduling -> Appointment Communication:
2. Click on Create new communication trigger:
3. Use the drop down boxes to specify your communication details, including:
- Delivery method - SMS or Email
- Message template - What information would you like send?
- Trigger event - What event in WriteUpp will trigger the sending of the message?
- When? - When would you like your message sent? (options available for appointment reminders only)
4. Once you hit save, you'll be taken back to your list of communication triggers and see an entry relating to the one created:
5. Repeat to add as many communications as you would like to use!
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.