By setting up a communication trigger using the "trigger event" Change Appointment - generic, when you make a change to either the date or time of an appointment, your patients will be sent a communication to advise that their appointment has been changed.
There is a predefined template within WriteUpp, called Change Appointment, which can be used alongside the trigger event for this purpose. You can of course modify this to customise it to your requirements, or create a custom template to use.
Please note that in order to receive appointment communications, patients must have been opted in to these on the patient tab of the patient summary.
If you signed up after April 2019, this is one of the predefined communications within WriteUpp.
If you don't see this present in your current list and you'd like to set it up, just follow the steps below:
1. Go to Main Menu -> Settings -> Scheduling -> Appointment communication:
2. Click on Create New Communication Trigger:
3. Use the dropdown boxes to create your communication trigger, then Save:
- Delivery method - How would you like your patients to be informed?
- Message template - What message would you like to send them?
- Trigger event - Change appointment - Scheduling
- When - Immediate (cannot be changed)
4. The new communication trigger will be added to the list:
Once this is set up, when you make a change to the date or time of any appointments within WriteUpp, the specified message will be sent to patients opted in via the relevant channel.
This applies to appointments changed by opening an appointment and changing the details or dragging and dropping an appointment in the diary, and appointments changed via either the web based verion of WriteUpp or if you are working via the WriteUpp app.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.