By setting up a communication trigger using the "trigger event" New Appointment - Non Recurring, your patients will be sent a confirmation of an appointment via either SMS or email.
There is a predefined template within WriteUpp, called New Appointment, which can be used alongside the trigger event for this purpose. You can of course modify this to customise it to your requirements, or create a custom template to use.
Please note that in order to receive appointment communications, patients must have been opted in to these on the patient tab of the patient summary.
If you signed up after April 2019, this is one of the predefined communications within WriteUpp.
If you don't see this present in your current list and you'd like to set it up, just follow the steps below:
1. Go to Main Menu -> Settings -> Scheduling -> Appointment Communication:
2. Click on Create New Communication Trigger:
3. Use the dropdown boxes to create your communication trigger, then Save:
- Delivery method - Would you like to inform them via SMS or email?
- Message template - What message would you like to send them to confirm their appointment?
- Trigger event - New Appointment - Non Recurring
- When - Immediate
4. The new communication trigger will be added to the list:
Once this is set up, when you book any patient related appointment within WriteUpp, the specified message will be sent.
This applies to appointments booked within the web-based version of WriteUpp or within the app. If you'd like to send a confirmation to a patient who books online, this is addressed separately.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.