Communication triggers enable you to inform your patients about appointments, and provide them with information about changes and cancellations.
They define how, what and when automated appointment communications are sent by WriteUpp and are comprised of:
- a delivery method
- a message template
- a trigger event
- an offset period
They are configured within Settings -> Scheduling -> Appointment Communication:
You can set up communication triggers for the following events, via either SMS or email:
- Confirmation of a single appointment - sends an immediate confirmation of an appointment
- Confirmation of a series of appointments - sends an immediate confirmation of a recurring appointment to include the end date
- Notification of a changed appointment - sends an immediate notification of a change to the date or time of an appointment
- Notification of a change of appointment status eg to cancelled - sends an immediate notification of a status change. Can be used to inform patients of a cancelled appointment
- Notification of a deleted appointment - sends an immediate notification that an appointment has been completely deleted from the diary
- Notification of a deleted series of appointments - sends an immediate notification that a series of recurring appointments have all been deleted from the diary
- Appointment reminder - sends a scheduled reminder at a defined period prior to an appointment confirmation
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.