If you'd like to include a signature field on your custom forms, you can do this by adding an annotation field and using a blank image which your patients can then 'sign'.
This field can then be used when either you or your patients are completing a form to capture their signature.
The signature can be obtained on a touch screen device such as an iPad or a mobile phone using your finger or a stylus and can also be obtained on a desktop computer using the cursor/mouse.
To record an electronic signature in WriteUpp:
1. Go to Settings -> Assessments:
2. To add a signature field to an existing form, click on the three dots at the end of the row containing a custom form and choose Edit:
3. Under Add new layout pick Full Width:
4. Click on Add New Field then select Annotation:
4. Give your field a name, such as Signature:
5. You'll then need to upload a blank image to use as the background of your signature field. We'd suggest using a blank white image here, which needs to be saved locally on your computer and then uploaded (we've attached an image you can use to this article 😊).
Click on Choose Image and select the file from your computer:
6. Click Finish Editing:
7. Once you've added all the fields to your form, click on Publish & Exit
8. To complete the form with the patient go to Create -> Form/Assessment, and select the form from the list:
9. It'll look like this:
10. Using the pencil icon (highlighted), patients will be able to record their signature:
11. You can also send the form to your patient as a smart form. They'll be able to record their signature in the same way, but you might want to add some helper text to guide them on what to do.
When creating a new form, just follow steps 3-6 to add an annotation field that you can use to record a signature.
Please note that annotation fields can't be edited within the WriteUpp app. If you'd like to obtain a signature it will need to be done via the web based version of WriteUpp accessed using the internet browser on your computer, tablet or mobile.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.