By setting up a communication trigger using the "trigger event" Online booking appointment, your patients will be sent a confirmation of an appointment booked online via either SMS or email.
Please note that patients who book online will not receive confirmations unless a communication trigger is set up using the trigger event specific to online bookings. If you have a communication trigger set up for the events New Appointment - Non Recurring and/or New Appointment - Recurring, these will only send confirmations relating to appointments booked on either the desktop version of WriteUpp or the WriteUpp app.
There is a predefined template within WriteUpp, called New Appointment, which can be used alongside the trigger event for this purpose. You can of course modify this to customise it to your requirements, or create a custom template to use, perhaps if you'd like to include extra information for patients who book online.
Any new patients created via online booking will automatically be opted in to appointment communications to ensure they receive the communications you intend them to.
Returning patients who book online must have previously been opted in to these on the patient tab of the patient summary.
If you signed up after April 2019, these confirmations are part of the predefined communications within WriteUpp.
If you don't see this present in your current list and you'd like to set it up, just follow the steps below:
1. Go to Main Menu -> Settings -> Scheduling -> Appointment Communication:
2. Click on Create New Communication Trigger:
3. Use the dropdown boxes to create your communication trigger, then Save:
- Delivery method - Would you like to inform them via SMS or email?
- Message template - What message would you like to send them to confirm their appointment?
- Trigger event - Online booking appointment
- When - Immediate
4. The new communication trigger will be added to the list:
Once this is set up, when patients make an appointment online, the specified message will be sent.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.